It’s that time again—the week is winding down… well, it’s Tuesday, anyway. Which means you’re already mentally escaping to the far-off land of good times. Fortunately, this week brings a ton of great concerts to NYC (as usual), so there’s plenty to choose from once you’re freed from the chains of that desk. This week’s lineup is diverse and, of course, killer; our top pick may surprise you!
The Best Concerts in NYC This Week
Let the Rukkus Concierge do the work for you—just click “Get Tickets” and we’ll find the best deal and make it happen. Simple.
1. The Antlers @ Webster Hall (7/26)
Why?: Get ready to feel some feels. The Antlers craft atmospheric and emotional music, often playing off the coupling of Peter Silberman’s falsetto and thought-provoking lyrics. If that doesn’t sound like a crazy Saturday night, then imagine the ethereal environment of this hometown show once the lights dim. All it takes is a change in state of mind…
- Avg. Market Price: $22
- Trends: Good deals available, tickets are dwindling.
- Pro Tip: Grab them while you can.
2. Veruca Salt @ Bowery Ballroom (7/24) / MHOW (7/25)
Why?: The original lineup of the renowned ’90s alt-rockers continue their reunion tour in NYC this week. If you feel like doing some head-bobbing and watching chicks who can shred on guitar, then look no further. Veruca Salt are playing the intimate Bowery Ballroom on Thursday, and the towering Music Hall of Williamsburg on Friday. Catch the legends and sip on some nostalgia.
- Avg. Market Price: $25
- Trends: Good deals available.
- Pro Tip: The intimacy of Bowery costs a little extra. MHOW will be rowdy.
3. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ Prospect Park (7/26)
Why?: Ah, Prospect Park— the gem of all outdoor NYC venues. Beneath the canopy of trees and lights lies a truly special place to see a show, and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds should be a rousing affair this Saturday in Brooklyn.
- Avg. Market Price: $65
- Trends: Tickets should drop as the show nears.
- Pro Tip: We’ll keep an eye on it for you…
4. PeterPalooza @ Best Buy Theater (7/23)
Why?: Do I even have to explain? ScHoolboy Q, Action Bronson, and Danny Brown are all playing the Best Buy Theater for Peter Rosenberg’s annual “PeterPalooza.” The Hot 97 DJ has curated the rowdiest hip-hop show imaginable with this lineup.
- Avg. Market Price: $75
- Trends: Demand is high. These will go quickly.
- Pro Tip: If you’re a hip-hop head, you won’t want to miss this.
5. Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park (7/22 – 7/23)
Why?: This could be the last time Neutral Milk Hotel plays NYC in a long time… but then again, everyone said that the last time they played. You shouldn’t pass up the chance to see these guys live, it’s not good form. This week provides two chances to see the cult idols at Prospect Park (see above as to why that’s awesome, in case you forgot).
- Avg. Market Price: $40
- Trends: Tuesday is getting cheaper, and Wednesday will drop.
- Pro Tip: You’ll daydream about this show for a while. Go.
Article by Nicolas White